Please be aware, our policies are typically non-refundable after the Effective Start Date Has Begun. This policy is set by our Insurance Provider who has sole discretion on review of refund request. However, we will assist you in any way we can.
The refund policy stated in our policy brochures of all Student Medicover plans is stated as the following:
“Refunds of premiums are allowed only upon entry into the armed forces.”
Courtesy of being a valuable Student Medicover member, we also guarantee 100% refund if your waiver application is denied by your school or school hired a third-party administrator or one of the following criteria below is met,
1. Coverage period has not started
2. Loss of eligibility (F1, J1, Full-time student)
- A partial refund that makes the coverage within the policy year less than 90 days will invalidate the coverage, thus not allowed.
- A partial refund after graduation is not allowed, since students are still eligible for the coverage after graduation till the coverage end date for 19-20 policy year
- Leaving the U.S. while student's status or eligibility remains unchanged dose not qualify for a refund.
- Once insurance is utilized, no refund, including partial, is allowed.
To request a refund, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
2. Date of birth
3. Enrollment dates
4. Email address
5. Supporting document
- If waiver denied: A screenshot of waiver denial notice within 14 days of the effective date of your policy or 14 days of purchase date whichever is later. No refund request will be considered if no proof of waiver denial is received.
- If coverage didn’t start: Confirmation letter
- If loss of eligibility: Official legal documents of your situation